We are a high-growth FinTech startup using data and machine learning to revolutionise the insurance industry. You will be collaborating with established teams, working to build machine learning products that are fundamentally changing the way insurers see the world, enabling them to move from an assumption based understanding of risk, to an empirical, data-driven view.
What you will be working on:
As Cytora’s first Scrum Master, you’ll work with product and engineering managers to improve how we create and ship value to our customers. You’ll work with product managers to discover the best process for each team, as well as defining foundational company-wide processes and best practices.
One day you might be working with data scientists and researchers to spike an investigation into the predictive power of a new data source, the next you might be running a retrospective with our API team.
Role (Day to day):
- Leading Agile ceremonies including sprint planning, daily scrums and retrospectives
- Advising and implementing the best agile methodology for product development teams
- Removing blockers from product teams
- Predicting and resolving dependencies between teams to ensure smooth delivery
- Instilling a culture of predictable and continuous delivery
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies demonstrated across multiple projects or products
- Highly competent in running agile ceremonies
- Experience working in a cross-functional environment
- Experience of transformation projects
- Formal Agile or Scrum Master training
- Experience working with distributed teams (we have engineers in London and Ljubljana)
- Experience planning and facilitating design sprints
- Experience of Data Science projects
- Experience working with and setting up Jira and Confluence
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Stock Options
Cytora transforms underwriting for business insurance. The Cytora Risk Engine uses artificial intelligence to learn the patterns of risks over time, enabling insurers to improve profitability and deliver fairer prices to their customers.
At Cytora, you’ll have access to a network of world-class business minds and academics from leading global institutions. We celebrate originality and independent thinking, and work in decentralised teams, giving people the authority to own and solve problems creatively. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and share options, augmented by our private health insurance. To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.