People Ops Manager
We are looking for an experienced People Ops Manager who will help define and drive the broader People strategy across all of Cytora. This is an exceptional opportunity to lay the People groundwork (somewhat blank slate) at a top-tier startup in London. A successful candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for creating meaningful experiences and builds strong relationships with everyone around them. You’ll have a central role able to truly influence Cytora’s future success. We need an experienced generalist to join our People Ops team - someone who’s both seen it and done it, but won’t just apply a cookie cutter approach. You’ll have to think from ground up what’s appropriate for Cytora and get your hands dirty as well. And you’ll have the full support of the team and company behind you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Proactively shape talent priorities to align to business strategy and changing needs. Help shape the appropriate culture. Diagnose and define programs and support needed to optimise business performance.
- Actively partner, coach & develop managers and individuals.
- Partner with the Talent Management team to create and implement development programs and training for our teams worldwide
- Develop or coordinate a suite of offerings to train managers and leads throughout the business
- Collaboratively roll out policies and programs that lay the foundation of our compensation philosophy, performance review and comp review cadences, professional development approach
- Advocate for teams and represent their needs to the People Director and senior leadership
- Partner with legal team to be compliant with employment regulations
- Understand the needs of the team and makes recommendations regarding recognition and rewards programs
- Respond to employee questions timely and provide advice when it makes sense
- Mediate between team members when appropriate and escalate to senior leadership and broader talent team if necessary
- Work with managers and advise on performance and behavioural issues. When appropriate, escalate to broader talent and legal team.
- Help iteratively improve our world class on boarding
- Promote a culture of feedback and open communication.
- Share knowledge appropriately and proactively look for ways to raise the bar.
- There may be opportunities for the right candidate to get involved with the talent acquisition side of the house as well, eg working on candidate experience and talent brand
- You’ve got 6+ years of progressive People Ops experience in a high-growth environment
- You’re a thoughtful business and talent partner who can work at a detailed tactical level and also design the big picture
- You’ve designed and rolled out compensation and performance review programs, you’ve designed and even led trainings for managers and leaders, and you’re a values promoter wherever you go
- Excited to roll sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role, you’ll take on any challenge however big or small
- You have well-developed analytical and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity and a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive employee issues.
- You apply deep curiosity to new problems that come your way, you have a strong desire to continuously learn and grow, and a sense of ownership
- You are patient and communicate respectfully in a fast-paced startup environment, ideally with international experience
- You have a lifelong passion for the insurance industry...just kidding, we think we can get you excited about what we’re doing :)
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Stock options
Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance. The Cytora Platform enables insurers to underwrite more efficiently and deliver fairer prices to their customers. Cytora is a trusted partner to global insurers, backed by leading venture capital, and supported by builders of some of the world’s most successful technology companies. With a world-class team of experts in machine learning, risk modelling, and strategy, Cytora is powering the future of commercial insurance.
To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.