Technical Writer- API Products
Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance. Using our API platform, insurers can underwrite more accurately and efficiently, and deliver fairer prices to their customers.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to own our API Documentation. This is a unique opportunity to join at the early stages of a brand-new Developer Experience initiative. Besides the documentation itself you will also have a huge influence on the broader Developer Experience and how our products are described.
This role reports to the Customer Experience Product Director within the Product Management team.
What you will be working on:
You will author high-quality developer-focused documentation.
You will also define documentation standards (style, tone of voice etc.) and ensure they are adhered to across all of our developer facing content.
As a technical writer at Cytora you will create new content, update and improve existing content to offer a great developer experience e.g. API references, tutorials and guides.
Our core API products are our Risk and Pricing APIs relied on by some of our largest customers to make better risk and pricing decisions in real-time. These APIs have already been used in production by a few customers for a few years and are embedded in their mission-critical underwriting processes.
We also have a wide range of Data APIs and Search APIs that enable Insurers to enrich their existing underwriting workflows with external data and insights. Of course we have many other APIs being worked on right now!
The wider CX (Customer Experience) team works with all other Product Teams to design and deliver the best experience for developers but also for other personas such as Underwriters or even Cytora employees.
A key focus of the role is to review the docs we have now (https://docs.cytora.com), then to establish a baseline for our developer experience whilst ensuring quality comprehensive reference documentation is publicly available on our website along with tutorials and guides which include working code examples written by you.
Secondly, a major focus is to contribute to the evolution of the process of how we go from idea to production for any new product, feature or enhancement. From early beta to end-of-life products, you will work with products at every stage of their development cycle to deliver the best developer experience.
Role (Day to day):
- Translate product technical specifications into developer-enabling documentation
- Building and maintaining open source code examples and demonstration apps
- Integrate developer feedback continuously into your plans and documentation
- Contribute to the technical content strategy with the Product team, Marketing team and others
- Encourage people across our developer community to contribute to our API documentation
- Demonstrate writing best practices and maintain awareness of practices, tooling and trends
- Collaborate with others to ensure the documentation is in line with positioning and branding
- Ensure ease of contribution through providing clear authoring requirements
- Contribute to the Product Strategy that supports the overall Company Strategy
- Experience of writing technical documentation for REST/Web APIs
- Minimum 3 years in a similar role
- Experience using API products and ideally building API products
- Software development or engineering experience
- Knowledge of authoring documentation in Markdown
- Can use git and GitHub to collaborate with others
- Practical experience in at least one major programming language
- Experience with any of Swagger/OpenAPI v3, API Blueprint or RAML
- You bring a collaborative approach to working
- Empathy for your teammates and our customers
- You are not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments
- You are passionate about creating a learning environment
- Certified by Lean Kanban Foundation eg TKP, KMP or KCP
- Experience working with distributed teams (we have engineers in London and Ljubljana)
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Stock Options
Cytora is building a new way for commercial insurers to quantify and price risk, underpinned by liquid access to data and machine intelligence. Using the Cytora Risk Engine, insurers can move from a subjective, assumptions based understanding of risk to an empirical and data-driven view. At Cytora, you'll have access to a network of world-class business minds and academics from leading global institutions. We celebrate originality and independent thinking, and work in decentralised teams, giving people the authority to own and solve problems creatively. You'll be offered a competitive salary and share options, augmented by our private health insurance. To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.