We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us build products that fundamentally change the way insurers see the world, enabling them to move from an assumption based understanding of risk, to an empirical, data-driven view.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Improve, contribute and maintain our data processing pipeline which consist of many ETL jobs
- Contributing to refining our development process, which includes a well-maintained customer-driven feature backlog and strong code review/testing processes
- We take pride in test driven development and peer reviewing colleagues' pull requests to ensure what we build is simple, elegant, reliable and self-documenting
- Each week includes at least one opportunity for learning, typically in the form of a reading group with a presentation from somebody in your team
What we look for in candidates:
- We are looking for candidates who are driven to build effective technology solutions that solve significant real world problems.
- Strong proficiency with Python (or a similar language) is required
- Proven experience with data structures, storage systems and cloud infrastructure
- You are a great technologist and regardless of which language you use, you take pride in writing clean, effective code
- A lot of our infrastructure is in the form of scalable distributed systems, so experience with deploying/using clustered software and distributed systems is needed
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate detailed technical concepts at a high level
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies (including test driven development and continuous integration)
- We use Docker/Kubernetes for continuous integration, so familiarity with concepts around containerisation would be useful
- Experience with mentoring and coaching other less experienced engineers
- Exposure to machine learning and natural language processing
End date: 1st Nov 2018
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Stock Options
Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance. The Cytora Platform enables insurers to underwrite more efficiently and deliver fairer prices to their customers. Cytora is a trusted partner to global insurers, backed by leading venture capital, and supported by builders of some of the world’s most successful technology companies. With a world-class team of experts in machine learning, risk modelling, and strategy, Cytora is powering the future of commercial insurance.
To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.