Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help us build products that fundamentally change the way insurers see the world, enabling them to move from an assumption based understanding of risk, to an empirical, data-driven view.
We are looking for candidates who are driven to build effective technology solutions that solve significant real world problems. You are a great technologist and regardless of which language you use, you take pride in writing clean, effective code.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cytora, we also expect you to contribute to higher level technical architecture discussions and take opportunities to mentor and coach less experienced colleagues.
What your day-to-day would look like:
- Beginning each day with a stand up to synchronise efforts across the team, informed by weekly sprint planning with the whole company
- Contributing to the refinement our development process, which already includes a well-maintained customer driven feature backlog, strong code review/testing processes and frequent continuous integration driven deploys of production features
- Working on exciting long-term, high-value projects based on the latest research from the fields of AI and NLP, including work on our low latency event detection system that turns unstructured text streams into a structured dataset of real world events
- We take pride in test driven development and peer reviewing colleagues’ pull requests to ensure what we build is simple, elegant, reliable and self-documenting
- Each week includes at least one opportunity for learning, typically in the form of a reading group with a presentation from somebody in your team
What we are looking for in candidates:
- Strong programming skills gained in a production environment - we use Go and Python but are interested in Engineers from Java / Go / Scala / Node / C++ / C# etc. backgrounds
- Proven experience of creating and maintaining Microservices
- Excellent knowledge of data structures, storage systems and cloud infrastructure (GCP, AWS or Azure)
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate detailed technical concepts at a high level
- Exposure to machine learning and natural language processing
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (including test driven development and continuous integration)
- We use Docker/Kubernetes for continuous integration, so familiarity with concepts around containerisation would be useful
- Experience with mentoring and coaching other less experienced engineers
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Stock Options
Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance. The Cytora Platform enables insurers to underwrite more efficiently and deliver fairer prices to their customers. Cytora is a trusted partner to global insurers, backed by leading venture capital, and supported by builders of some of the world’s most successful technology companies. With a world-class team of experts in machine learning, risk modelling, and strategy, Cytora is powering the future of commercial insurance.
To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.