Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance. Using our API platform, insurers can underwrite more accurately and efficiently, and deliver fairer prices to their customers.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us build products that fundamentally change the way insurers see the world, enabling them to move from an assumption based understanding of risk, to an empirical, data-driven view.
You will be working on some of the company's biggest challenges, like scaling our data processing pipelines (built using Go, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Native, GCP, servers). As a Software Engineer at Cytora, you'll contribute to higher level technical architecture discussions and take opportunities to mentor and coach less experienced colleagues.You will build and maintain services (docker/Serverless) from the ground up that will form part of our microservice platform. We're always looking for mid to senior profiles.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Developing new customer features that are deployed through our cutting edge Continuous Delivery pipelines (all the way to PROD!)
- Working closely together with PM/DataScientist/QAs/Scrum Masters in a cross functional product team.
- Getting to work with the latest and greatest of technologies (Golang, NoSQL, K8, ConcourseCI etc.).
- Working in a "trunk based" environment; emphasising pairing over code reviews, feature flags over feature branches.
What we look for in candidates:
- We are looking for candidates who are driven to build effective technology solutions that solve significant real world problems.
- Proven experience working in a cloud-native environment with a distributed system.
- Strong ownership of services in production.
- You are a great technologist and regardless of which language you use, you take pride in writing clean, effective code.
- All of our infrastructure is in the form of scalable distributed systems, so experience with deploying/using clustered software and distributed systems is needed.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate detailed technical concepts at a high level.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Stock Options
Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance. The Cytora Platform enables insurers to underwrite more efficiently and deliver fairer prices to their customers. Cytora is a trusted partner to global insurers, backed by leading venture capital, and supported by builders of some of the world’s most successful technology companies. With a world-class team of experts in machine learning, risk modelling, and strategy, Cytora is powering the future of commercial insurance.
To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.