Product Manager - Risk API
Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance. Using our API platform, insurers can underwrite more accurately and efficiently, and deliver fairer prices to their customers.
We are looking for a Product Owner to own and develop our risk API products insurers use today to better select and price risk.
You will initially report to the Product Director in charge of the Risk&Pricing APIs portfolio.
What you will be working on:
You will own the Risk API product our largest customers rely on to make better risk decisions in real-time. This API has already been used in production by our customers for a few years and is embedded in their mission-critical underwriting processes. This Product Team is a unique combination of engineers, data scientists and actuaries that build and extend the underlying models and their APIs.
This Product Team also works closely with our Data team that provides us with unparalleled access to both traditional and proprietary datasets around the world and also with other Product teams whose APIs rely on the Risk APIs to power higher-level Use Cases APIs. You will also collaborate with our Customer Experience team (esp. to provide the best developers’ experience).
Key focus of this team is to expand the scope of the current APIs in terms of supported geographies and insurance product lines whilst enhancing the performance of the current models in place.
Role (Day to day):
- Identify problems and pain points to generate new ideas and product improvements
- Meet with customers, prospects and end-users to validate hypotheses
- Integrate developers feedback into the design of your APIs
- Collaborate with our Marketing teams to produce Sales Enablement tools
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and actuaries to define and evolve our Models performance
- Develop a Product Strategy that supports the overall Company Strategy
- Provide clear guidance to your team regarding priorities and tradeoffs to be made
- Provide regular insights and updates on your entire product portfolio to the company
- Develop and keep track of your Portfolio OKRs along with necessary BI Dashboards
- Collaborate with Marketing to define and execute on the right Go-to-market for your products
- Champion of Agile & Lean best practices and mindset across the organisation
- Evangelise our Product vision and collaborate with others to integrate it into our Value Prop
- Experience at least using API products and ideally building API products
- You have been a developer, architect or a data scientist at some point in your career
- Minimum 5 years experience in Product and/or Engineering roles
- Experience with Early Adopter Programs for New Products and/or scaling mature Products
- You have experience delivering software products using Agile / Lean
- You bring a collaborative approach to working
- You have a keen eye for detail and are passionate about analysing data
- You are not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments
- You are passionate about creating a learning environment
- You have experience using both physical and digital tools to support visualisation of the work
- Certified by Lean Kanban Foundation eg TKP, KMP or KCP
- Experience working with distributed teams (we have engineers in London and Ljubljana)
- Examples of thought leadership e.g. blog, publications, conferences
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Stock Options
Cytora is a trusted partner to global insurers, backed by leading venture capital, and supported by builders of some of the world's most successful technology companies. With a team of experts in machine learning, risk modelling and API platforms, Cytora is building the future of commercial insurance.
At Cytora, you’ll have access to a network of world-class business minds and academics from leading global institutions. We celebrate originality and independent thinking, and work in decentralised teams, giving people the authority to own and solve problems creatively. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and share options, augmented by our private health insurance. To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.