Business Agility Director - Agile / Lean
We are a high-growth FinTech startup using data and machine learning to revolutionise the insurance industry. You will be collaborating with established teams, working to build machine learning products that are fundamentally changing the way insurers see the world, enabling them to move from an assumption based understanding of risk, to an empirical, data-driven view.
What you will be working on:
You will lead the Business Agility Team (reporting to Cytora’s Chief Product Officer). You will also be the line manager of 2 Facilitators (Scrum / Kanban) and will grow the team further.
The Business Agility team mission is to improve business agility through the adoption of agile and lean principles and practices throughout Cytora (not just Product & Engineering).
For instance we see the Definition of Done as encompassing all required functions to deliver the work. Similarly we aim at managing WIP at team level but also at company level.
The key purpose of the role is to get us to our Business Agility vision of “Sustainable, fast and predictable delivery of value through quality products that delight our customers.”
Role (Day to day):
- Champion of agile & lean best practices and help build an agile / lean mindset across the organisation
- Change agent to help with adoption of new ways of work across the organisation
- Provide management and other stakeholders with regular insights and updates on the status across the entire product portfolios and functions
- Empower the entire company to understand and work with data regarding performance and forecasts (cycle time, flow efficiency, CFDs, forecasts)
- On-boarding new employees on the Cytora way of working and scale how we grow the entire organisation agility through continuous learning
- Work closely with all teams in the organisation and collect their feedback so we can keep improving the delivery processes
- Champion use of all our tools and APIs to streamline how we GSD
- Work closely with the Product teams but also key teams in our Go-To-Market (eg Marketing) to integrate Agile (e.g. Definition of Done) with our Product Lifecycle (e.g. different product maturity levels)
- Act as a role model e.g in using visualisation of the work via physical as well as digital boards
- Evangelise our Business Agility vision outside of Cytora (blogs, conferences, social) and collaborate with others to integrate it into our Value Proposition to our customers
What we are looking for in candidates:
- You are an experienced Agile practitioner e.g. as a Scrum/Kanban Master, Agile Coach
- You have extensive experience in Kanban
- You have a background in working in Software Development
- You bring a collaborative approach to working
- You have a keen eye for detail and are passionate about analysing data
- You are not afraid to raise issues and drive change to remove impediments
- You are passionate about creating a learning environment
- You have experience using both physical and digital tools to support visualisation of the work
- You are comfortable with making changes in Jira to support visualisation of the work
- You have line management experience
- Certified by Lean Kanban Foundation eg TKP, KMP or KCP
- Experience working with distributed teams (we have engineers in London and Ljubljana)
- Experience of AI / Data Science products
- Active in the agile community
- Examples of thought leadership e.g. blog, publications, conferences
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
- Stock Options
Cytora transforms underwriting for business insurance. The Cytora Risk Engine uses artificial intelligence to learn the patterns of risks over time, enabling insurers to improve profitability and deliver fairer prices to their customers.
At Cytora, you’ll have access to a network of world-class business minds and academics from leading global institutions. We celebrate originality and independent thinking, and work in decentralised teams, giving people the authority to own and solve problems creatively. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and share options, augmented by our private health insurance. To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.