Data Research Intern
Cytora is the leading AI underwriting engine for commercial insurance. We enable insurers to underwrite without asking questions, boosting profitability and making it fast and easy for businesses to get covered.
Data underpins all of our decisions. The Data Research Team steers Cytora’s data acquisition strategy - capturing and creating data for our machine learning algorithms & API products. This paid internship lasts 3 months and involves:
- Proprietary data generation - supporting projects that create data using physical capture techniques.
- Commercial data acquisition - identifying, meeting, and negotiating with companies that hold data applicable to our products.
- Team support - supporting the wider Data Research Team with data cataloguing, data provenance, and product team consultations.
The start date is flexible & successful internships can result in full-time positions - these expectations will be managed throughout the program.
- Self-starter: you can work autonomously to spot, and seize, opportunities for data capture - commercial, technical, or otherwise; you are comfortable working in an environment with little structure & very fast pace.
- Technical: you have basic knowledge of Python (and libraries like Pandas & Matplotlib), or a similar scripting language.
- Private Health Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Training & Development
Cytora transforms underwriting for commercial insurance. The Cytora Platform enables insurers to underwrite more efficiently and deliver fairer prices to their customers. Cytora is a trusted partner to global insurers, backed by leading venture capital, and supported by builders of some of the world’s most successful technology companies. With a world-class team of experts in machine learning, risk modelling, and strategy, Cytora is powering the future of commercial insurance.
To learn more about our culture and benefits visit our careers page: http://www.cytora.com/careers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.